Tolleson Union HSD Logo
Tolleson Union
High School District

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register my child for school?

If you are new to our area and need to register for school, simply visit the school office. We will be happy to help you fill out the necessary paperwork for registration. When you come, please be sure to bring the following documents with you:

  • Student's birth certificate
  • Student's immunization records
  • Proof of residency (in the form of a utility bill)
  • Any records from previous schools

We do offer open enrollment for students who live outside our district and wish to attend our schools. We ask that you complete the application, and return it to the school you would like your child to attend by March 1 of each year. We’ll let you know in writing by May 1.

Back to Top

How much does lunch cost?

Regular: $1.50
Reduced: $0.30
Adults: $2.50

Regular: $2.75
Reduced: $0.40
Adults: $2.75

A la carte items are also available for sale during each meal time.

Back to Top

How can I donate my tax credit money?

All you need to do is download and print the form located on the Tax Credit page. Fill it out, and bring it in to the school office. It’s that easy!

Back to Top

What do I do if my child is late to school?

Tardies affect the entire class, so we appreciate it when all students get to school on time. If your son or daughter must be late, a parent or guardian must sign in the student.

Back to Top

My child needs to be absent for a few days. How do I proceed?

If you know your son or daughter must be absent from school, please send a note with your student explaining the circumstances and dates of the absence. We will try our best to get any work together that your student might miss. If your child is sick, please call the office the morning of the absence, and let us know where your student is. Not only do we want to make sure our students are safe, we also want to mark students as “excused.” If we do not receive a call or note explaining the absence, we will record it as “unexcused.”

Back to Top

How do I apply for a job?

If you’re dedicated to providing a place where students will receive a high quality education and reach their highest potential, then we want to hear from you. Please see our Human Resources page for the list of current job openings and application instructions.

Back to Top