Tolleson Union HSD Logo
Tolleson Union
High School District

How to Register

We welcome new students to our schools and ask you to bring the following documents when you come to register your student:

  • Original birth certificate
  • Current immunization records
  • Proof of residency (a utility bill will be fine)
  • An emergency contact person and phone number for your student’s records

Open Enrollment

Our district welcomes students who live outside our school boundaries. These students will need to fill out and submit an open enrollment packet. You can obtain an open enrollment application from any school in the district beginning in January of each year. We will accept all applications for consideration. However, we ask that you register all students at their home school even if you have submitted an application to another school. Students currently on open enrollment status must complete and submit an application form for each school year. We will notify you in writing if we’ve approved your application no later than the first of May.

    We also believe education is an opportunity for all students, including those who may be homeless. We treat all children with respect and provide the same free and appropriate educational opportunities to all.


    In order for us to enroll your student, we need proof that your child is up to date on his or her shots. The state of Arizona permits exemptions from vaccinations for personal reasons with the parent’s signature or for medical reasons with the signature of a parent and physician. Please be aware that we will not allow students without current vaccines to be at school if there is an outbreak of disease. We’ve included the links to the Arizona vaccination requirements as well as the exemption form on this page.